Pursuant to Order No. ISAK-2463 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Holding a Selection of the Director of the State Research Institute by Way of an Open Competition Procedure” of the Minister of Education and Science of 1 December 2009 and Order No. P1-141 of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the Lithuanian Social Research Centre ” of 17 May 2019, the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania has announced a competition for the position of the Director of the Lithuanian Social Research Centre.
Qualification requirements for the position of the Director of the Lithuanian Social Research Centre include:
- have an impeccable reputation;
- have a doctoral science;
- at least 3 years of managerial experience (leading a team of at least 10 researchers or a division of an institution, or a separate institution, or a large-scale international research project (in the European Union Framework Programme for Research);
- at least 3 years of experience in participation of international-level fundamental and applied research and experimental development (hereinafter – R&D) projects;
- in-depth knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, laws of the Republic of Lithuania, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, legal acts of the European Union and other legal acts related to the activities of the Centre;
- have good knowledge of the policy and strategy of Lithuanian research and higher education;
- have knowledge of the activities of the Centre and of the Centre’s management principles;
- have knowledge of modern management principles and be able to apply them;
- in-depth knowledge of the specifics and prospects of the implementation of the key research directions of the Centre;
- be able to collaborate efficiently with organizations and institutions of public, private and non-governmental sectors on implementation and development of the objectives of the Centre;
- being familiar with the institutional system of administration of the European Union structural assistance in Lithuania;
- have good knowledge of approved as well as drafted strategic documents of the European Union related to R&D;
- fluency in Lithuanian (the language proficiency level must correspond to the requirements of the state language proficiency categories approved by Resolution No. 1688 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 24 December 2003 “On the Approval and Implementation of the State Language Proficiency Categories”), having knowledge of document preparation, administration and accounting rules;
- B2 level English language skills (according to the six-level language proficiency system established and described by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Knowledge of other foreign languages would be an advantage.
Candidates for the position of the Director of the Lithuanian Social Research Centre must submit the following documents:
- an application to take part in the competition (in a free form), containing his/ her contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, residence address);
- an identity document and / or its copy;
- a document certifying a degree of education and / or its copy;
- a description of life and research activities;
- a list of key research works of the past 10 years;
- a draft 5 years strategic action plan of the Centre and draft work priorities;
- information on participation in international R&D projects;
- a list of activities that reveal managerial experience;
- other documents that allow objectively assessing the applicant’s qualification and eligibility (at the candidate’s discretion).
Candidates must deliver documents directly to the Human Resource Division of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania (A. Volano g. 2, Vilnius, Room 108 or 107) not later than by 17 June 2019, inclusive, on Mondays to Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. either by e-mail (signing by an electronic signature) email@example.com or by a registered letter addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, A. Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius.
If documents were sent by e-mail or by registered mail, the original documents shall be checked against their submitted copies when the candidate arrives for the competition.
For more information, please call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.